2.11.2011

Hula Hoop Hottie: Update

As some of you may know I picked up a hula hoop for exercise. I thought I might do occasional updates on how that is going.
I want to say first off that if any of you should decide to do this make sure you get an appropriately sized hula hoop. Toys'R'us had two sizes and thank goodness I was smart and got the smaller of the two. I actually picked it out because it lights up when you use it but as I started practicing I realized it would have been hopeless if I had grabbed the larger one.
If you are big get a big one, if you are small get a small one.
Secondly, I got this idea to hula hoop from a co-worker who read in a magazine that it was a good way to exercise while watching TV, and since I don't exercise at all very much I thought it would be a good way to do it. Well that magazine didn't mention that you cannot do it with children, pets and ogling husbands around.
It also didn't mention that you still have to find the motivation to get off the couch and do it.
With all that said, it took me about three days before I could keep the darn thing up with out looking like a total idiot and I can't do it for very long (like 5 seconds and no you can't watch) but I am guessing all the effort it takes constantly picking it up and starting over again will pay off eventually.
In related news, Bandit will jump up and through it for a treat!

1 comment:

  1. I love hula hoop. I haven't done it for years, but I was a hula hoop champion. They stopped timing me at 30 minutes. Pretty sure I could have gone forever but such is the belief of young peoples. -heidi<><

    ReplyDelete