2.27.2011

Big boy room

So I never did quite decorate JR's baby nursery the way I wanted to. I received a gift from my boss before he was born with the cutest little pant and shirt set that was monkey themed and she also included the most adorable matching monkey.


I thought this guy was the perfect inspiration for JR's room. I made a rag quilt to match and I got an orange crib skirt which gave a nice pop of unexpected color and brought out the smile on the monkey's face. I framed some of his preemie baby clothes in shadow boxes but never hung them up and I always planned on doing some other cute orange accents and just never got around to it.

Then I decided since I have a little storage cabinet in his room that has branches as hooks on the side of it that I was going to make his room a woodland creatures theme and I started sewing some felt pillows in the shapes of an owl, raccoon and fox like these ones...


I haven't finished any of them yet (story of my life) and now I have run out of steam on the project realizing that JR is going to be two in just over a month! I think what this kid needs now if a fun but more neutral themed room that he can grow into. I want to keep the basics the same, like his orange bed skirt and chocolate and tan accents. The furniture is already black so that is fine, but I think I will switch up the color palette a tiny bit. What do you think of this?


Never in a million years am I going to paint that, but I was thinking it would be so cheap and easy to bring in those colors with a project like this bunting...


There is the easiest tutorial here and she suggests putting beads between the pennants which I LOVE! She also has the most adorable matching pillow on her left sidebar but I don't know if I have the skills for something like that!

I am not in a rush to do it so if anyone has any more ideas for me give me a ring! We will totally set up a craft day and work on projects together!

When I do get it all done though I think I am going to convert the little man's crib into his toddler bed though. So sad he is getting too big! I am mostly not looking forward to him being able to get out of bed when he wants though!

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative. I STILL have a card on my fridge that you made and sent to me when I first moved here. I smile every time I look at it. I have no suggestions for the kiddo's room...I am terrible with that stuff. I AM hooked on your blog though and thinking you have inspired me to start my own.

    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! So super cute!!! I love the colors. I will help you with it. But don't count on me to sew anything, maybe Mckade can help you in that department.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete