3.21.2011

Spring Cleaning and a shopping spree

Did I mention that I am trying to do some spring cleaning? I have been getting paper boxes from work and Jared and I are trying to sort through all of our crap and donate them into piles to donate or whatever.

A couple weeks ago before I started my re-do of JR's room I  went through all his clothes and toys and things and gave two big boxes to my co-worker who is expecting in May. I hung on to a few shirts and things that I think he can wear through at least spring but I realized since the first time since JR was born I was going to have to buy him a full on wardrobe for the upcoming season.

In order to know what I have and don't have I like to organize his closet by color.

I could just spend all my money on cute clothes for JR and I started to pile the clothes high a few weeks ago but decided it would be easier on my pocket book if I just bought one outfit every two weeks, so I just ended up getting this...

But today I was out and about to buy my next outfit and I had to get this cute little matching sweater/shirt that would also go with the shorts...

That was in addition to my next allotted outfit of course, which was this...

And then I saw this shirt, which also matched the shorts in a way, so I figured the more you can mix and match clothes the better...

And then I saw some camo shorts to go with that shirt, and what little boy doesn't need camo shorts...

At that point I had gone a little past my allotted number of outfits for the day so I figured why not get the one last outfit I saw there that I wanted? A shorts and shirt set with a cutie zip up hoodie to match...

All in all a healthy start to a summer wardrobe!

Unfortunately I didn't follow my own advice and follow my color coordinated closet. I probably need to lay off the shopping for a few weeks though! Sometimes I wish that JR was a girl but other times there is such cute stuff out there for boys too.

No comments:

Post a Comment