5.14.2011

Project: Message Boards

Whipped up these little darlings for my sister-in-law as a graduation gift!
A little message board/photo display system made out of mini shutters...

Went to my local re-store looking for shutters a little bigger than the ones I ended up with, but when I saw them I thought they would be just the right size for a desk or something.
They didn't look too bad before...

So I just removed the old hinges, sanded slightly and gave them a new coat of fresh spray paint.
Added a couple of cute clips and they were done!

Originally I thought about finding some pictures of her kids and putting them in the slats but I really didn't have very many on my end and the ones she has on Facebook are from last year but so I ended up attaching the graduation card, which was a little to large to fit in the slats, and some cutie post-its.

Note to anyone who wants to do this project: The smaller the shutter, the smaller the clips you should get. The clips I found I felt pushed the slats out too wide. Also, if you can get them bigger this would make an awesome Christmas card holder. If you got a slatted closet door you could hang it sideways and stick photos in that way too. OOOOH, I like that last one. I think I just changed my mind about the art I was going to do over my couch!

Anyway, way to go JANA! WOOT WOOT! So proud of you for finishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment